So Many Digital Ads, So Little Regulation: Why We Need Digital Ad Transparency Now
Thursday, August 20, 2020 from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. EST
WASHINGTON - Join Campaign Legal Center (CLC) experts for a candid discussion on the importance of transparency laws for digital advertising ahead of the 2020 U.S. presidential election and beyond.
To reduce political corruption, CLC experts argue, we need Congress to pass new transparency laws for digital platforms, like we have for television and radio ads, and a stronger Federal Election Commission to enforce campaign finance laws and hold political candidates and their donors accountable.
- Laura Edelson, PhD Candidate in Computer Science, NYU’s Tandon School of Engineering
- Maggie Christ, Senior Researcher at CLC
- Austin Graham, Legal Counsel at CLC
- Erin Chlopak, CLC Director, Campaign Finance Strategy (Moderator)
- Trevor Potter, President, CLC (Opening Remarks)
WHAT: Discussion on the importance of transparency and reporting laws to digital advertising ahead of the 2020 U.S. presidential election.
WHEN: Thursday, August 20, 2020 – Time: 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. EST