Frustrated by the failure of elected officials to address money in politics, ethics issues, attacks on voting rights and partisan gerrymandering – citizens across the country are taking the fight to protect democracy into their own hands through the state ballot initiative process.
During the call Citizens Take Charge: 2018 State Ballot Initiatives and Democracy Reform at the Local Level, policy experts tracking state ballot initiatives at the national level, and leaders working in the states to push their initiatives to victory in November shared trends and strategies with call participants.
- Nancy Abudu, Legal Director, ACLU of Florida
- Heather Ferguson, Executive Director, Common Cause New Mexico
- Catherine Hinckley Kelley, Director, Policy & State Programs, CLC
- Dana Laurent, Director of Strategic Initiatives, Ballot Initiative Strategy Center
- Dan Krassner, Political Director, RepresentUs
Moderated by Ruth Greenwood, Senior Legal Counsel, Voting Rights & Redistricting, CLC
Listen to the call:
Read the blog: Democracy on the 2018 Ballot: Voters Take on Reform in Their States and Towns