Thursday, February 11, 2021 from 1-2 p.m. Eastern Time
Redistricting will help determine who holds office in the next decade. But, how can we ensure those in charge of it act in accordance with the public interest, rather than using the drawing of new voting maps as an opportunity to maximize their own personal gain?
Join us as we unveil the new report “Designing a Transparent and Ethical Redistricting Process: A Guide to Ensuring that the Redistricting Process is Fair, Open, and Accessible,” a joint project between CLC and the League of Women Voters.
By encouraging states to create robust ethics rules to govern their redistricting commission or redistricting process more broadly, we can increase public trust and promote a healthier democracy.
- Ruth Greenwood, CLC Co-Director, Voting Rights and Redistricting
- Christopher Lamar, CLC Legal Counsel, Redistricting
- Delaney Marsco, CLC Senior Legal Counsel, Ethics
- Jeanette Senecal, Senior Director of Mission Impact, League of Women Voters
- Ellen Freidin, Campaign Chair, Fair Districts Florida
RSVP by February 10 to receive a reminder and link to the virtual event.