The Multimedia Strategist joins a busy communications team and will report to CLC’s Digital Manager. This individual will be an integral part of the Communications Department and will work closely with the communications team to tell impactful stories through photography, videography, audio recording, and graphic design. The position will assist in building and executing an effective digital content strategy that increases views, engagement and brand affinity across CLC’s digital platforms.
- Produce online content for CLC’s digital media campaigns and to support CLC’s programs, branding, advocacy and fundraising needs. This includes developing graphics and short videos for social media, photo slideshows, podcasts, documentary-style videos, infographics, and report designs.
- Develop and manage visual content across CLC’s digital platforms
- Manage web content to create pages that are visually professional and compelling
- Find, evaluate and hire multimedia contractors, including but not limited to photographers and filmmakers. Work with the Digital Manager and program staff to manage outside vendors’ video and art production, including developing scripts.
- Create and maintain CLC’s photo and video database; develop best practices for video and photo development across multiple departments for various usage.
- Assist the Digital Manager in placing and monitoring digital media buys - and make adjustments as necessary to optimize results while managing within campaign and program budgets;
- Assist the Digital Manager in analyzing and reporting metrics for all digital campaigns; work to consistently improve relevant metrics.
- Assist the Digital Manager in posting content to social media networks.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in Web video/multimedia production
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing is essential.
- Ability to handle multiple “priority” projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines is required.
- Fluency with multimedia editing software including several of the following: Adobe Creative Suite, Bridge, Final Cut Pro, Premier Pro, After Effects, Audition and Audacity
- Demonstrated familiarity with social media video and photo editing
- Knowledge of graphics design and manipulation (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in the digital post-production process
- Experience with Drupal
- Working knowledge of HTML.
- Good knowledge of SEO.
- Experience running ad buys on digital platforms, such as Google, Facebook and Twitter, a plus, not required
- Experience with digital analysis tools such as Google Analytics a plus, not required
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Have a commitment to and passion for protecting our democracy
- Willingness to work on weekends and after hours periodically.
- Willingness to travel (5-10 percent)
Equal Employment Opportunity statement
Campaign Legal Center (CLC) is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a nondiscriminatory work environment. CLC is proud to be an inclusive organization. It does not make hiring or advancement, or other employment decisions, based on race, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, familial status or responsibilities, personal appearance, pregnancy, political affiliation, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, District of Columbia, or local law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, termination, benefits, and training.
Salary and benefits
The salary range for this role is $50,000 to $65,000 depending on experience.
CLC also provides a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, prescription, dental, vision, short and long term disability, and life insurance, as well as flexible spending accounts and 401(k) programs.
Please submit a resume of relevant experience, cover letter, and a sample of finished graphic design or video work with “Multimedia Strategist” in the subject line to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until December 20, 2018.