Vice President, Operations and Finance
CLC is seeking a seasoned nonprofit executive with a proven record of success leading all aspects of an organization’s operations and finances. Reporting to CLC’s Founder/President, the Vice President, Operations and Finance is responsible for ensuring CLC maintains an efficient operational, human resources, and financial infrastructure to support our teams and programs. The Vice President will work collaboratively with CLC’s senior programmatic, policy, legal, and administrative teams to provide resources and support to enhance their work. This position also will serve as a thought partner to the President on the organization’s planning and strategy and Board engagement.
The ideal candidate will bring strong emotional intelligence and a proven ability to help individuals and teams achieve their full potential. They will be a creative problem-solver who thrives on identifying solutions and focusing on what’s possible, while facilitating strong collaboration and communication across the organization. Importantly, the successful Vice President will have the skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to tap into the power that each member of the CLC team brings to this mission.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Operational efficiency: Evaluate and revise internal systems, policies, and procedures to promote best practices and improve operational performance. Oversee the work of the Chief Administrative Officer to ensure staff members have the proper resources and tools required for their work.
- Financial management: Provide strategic thought partnership to the President and Board of Trustees on all financial matters, including future forecasting and planning. Oversee the work of the Director of Finance to ensure an effective annual budgeting process, clean annual audit, timely 990 filing, and clear, concise, and accurate financial reporting.
- Talent recruiting and development: Collaborate with all hiring managers to implement a comprehensive human resources strategy that ensures CLC recruits, develops, and retains a diverse talent pipeline. Oversee the work of the Director of Human Resources to ensure an inclusive and equitable work environment where every staff member is able to bring their full authentic selves to the organization.
- Information technology: Assess the current technology infrastructure and identify opportunities for systems innovation. Oversee the work of the IT consultant to ensure CLC is operating with secure and efficient technology.
- Culture: As a member of the senior leadership team, help cultivate an organizational culture that reflects CLC’s values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Planning: Provide strategic thought partnership to the President on the future of the organization
- Demonstrated experience as a successful nonprofit executive leader in a comparable role, including oversight of all operations, finance, human resources, and IT
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative policies, processes, and systems to optimize an organization’s operational efficiency
- Proven ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, developing an experienced team and the processes to ensure the organization runs smoothly
- Evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Collaborative working style with an ability to build consensus
To apply, please do so via LeaderFit, linked here.