Senior Manager of Individual Giving
The Senior Manager of Individual Giving for Campaign Legal Center will be responsible for outwardly managing a portfolio of individual donors while managing the major and principal donor pipeline. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Senior Manager will work to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual donors for CLC with a focus on strategies to secure gifts of $5,000+ and attract new mid-level and major donor prospects. This position will have a dual focus on the acquisition of new donors and a smooth upgrade process from one giving level to the next. The position will also be responsible for supervising an Individual Gifts Specialist.
- Design and execute specific engagement strategies for CLC’s individual giving program with a focus on building the major and principal gift programs.
- Research, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward new donors to grow base of individual support.
- Mentor and supervise the Individual Gifts Specialist in their fundraising and professional development efforts; recruit, train, manage and monitor the work goals and objectives of reporting staff, as needed.
- Closely engage with President Trevor Potter and the Board of Directors in individual fundraising efforts, utilizing their connections and expertise when appropriate to engage with current and prospective donors.
- Work with the development and communications teams to plan and execute regular high-quality and effective donor cultivation events.
- Work as a team with the Individual Gifts Specialist to develop a pipeline of mid and lower-level donors. This includes preparing and executing effective annual fundraising direct mail, email, and online peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns, as well as stewardship strategies.
- Oversee the Individual Gifts Specialist in the preparation and processing of all donor acknowledgement letters including general members, unrestricted gifts, and Board acknowledgements; monitor all outstanding individual pledges and supervise invoicing.
- Collaborate with the Database Manager in the maintenance of all tracking systems for individual support, donor records and files, database, and ongoing statistics.
- Review and administer process of updating all public individual donor listings for the website, invitations, annual reports, and any other public forum.
- Work with Director of Development to create metrics and reports to evaluate the effectiveness of Individual Giving Programs and to evaluate increased productivity from year to year.
The ideal Senior Manager of Individual Giving will be driven by building and stewarding a network of philanthropic individuals who see the value and critical nature of the mission of CLC. The successful candidate will combine a competitive spirit with a collaborative and team oriented set of professional values. The Senior Manager of Individual Giving should be unafraid to utilize new approaches and techniques while also leveraging methodologies and approaches that have proven successful. The candidate will combine an outstanding and organized work ethic with a congenial, welcoming and authentic demeanor.
- At least six years of fundraising experience and a proven track record of individual donor cultivation and acquisition.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Demonstrated success in the management of a fundraising program that includes individual cultivation, direct response and giving campaigns.
- Proven ability to develop cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies that expanded a donor base and increase revenue.
- Strong record of securing individual gifts from medium to high-net-worth donors.
- Successful experience engaging senior leaders and Board members in the fundraising process.
- Demonstrated record of excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong listening skills, powers of persuasion, and sensitivity to interpersonal dynamics.
- Record of successfully collaborating with staff and Board members to facilitate effective fundraising campaigns.
- Ability to manage and develop members of a small staff team.
- Dedication to the organization’s mission and willingness to develop/expand expertise in the legal representation space.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of philanthropic trends.
Please send questions, resumes and CVs to [email protected] with “Senior Manager of Individual Giving” in the subject line. Applications that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered. Please, no phone calls about this posting.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Campaign Legal Center (CLC) is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. CLC is proud to be an inclusive organization. It does not make hiring or advancement, or other employment decisions, based on race, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, familial status or responsibilities, personal appearance, pregnancy, political affiliation, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability, record of arrest or conviction, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, District of Columbia, or local law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, termination, benefits, and training.
Disclaimer: This description is intended to provide an overview of this position and is not all inclusive of additional duties that may arise as business needs change.