Senior Finance Specialist
CLC is seeking a full-time Finance Specialist who will work collaboratively with the Finance Director, operations, and programmatic staff to support a growing and increasingly complex organization.
- Assist with management of the organization’s financial control environment including supporting the systems for all key finance functions of payroll, grants management accounts payable, accounts receivable, Nexonia software for expenses
- Reconcile monthly, quarterly, and annual statements for several banking, investment, and corporate credit card accounts
- Support a monthly close process to ensure timely submission of all required financial data, approve all staff-submitted expenses and timesheets, record any incoming grants and donations, and perform other related work that supports monthly close
- Assist Finance Director with the accurate and timely preparation, finalization, and presentation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting materials and metrics
- Work closely with senior staff to develop and track multiple programmatic and organizational budgets
- Prepare semi-monthly, monthly, and annual journal entries using organizational accounting systems
- Assist the development team with reporting and management of grantor funds from over 40 national & state-level partner organizations as well as several individual contributors
- Under supervision, prepare state, local, and federal tax forms for filing throughout the year
- Facilitate on-boarding of new employees and support administration of employee benefit programs
- Prepare Provided-By-Client schedules in preparation for completion of the organization’s annual audit and Form 990 return
- Support vendor relations including contract procurement, contract renewal, collection of competitive bids, and management of all billing disputes as primary liaison for third-party vendors
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field from an accredited college or university
- Three to five years of experience in a broad financial and operations management capacity, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Previous experience in grants management
- Technology savvy with knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organizational and problem- solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of CLC
Salary range $60,000 - $75,000 (commensurate with experience) plus a competitive benefits package including 401(k) match, health, vision, dental, short & long term disability, AD&D and life insurance.
Please include in your email where you saw the job advertised.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and résumé addressing your interest in and relevant experience for this role with “Sr. Finance Specialist Application” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Campaign Legal Center (CLC) is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a nondiscriminatory work environment. CLC is proud to be an inclusive organization. It does not make hiring or advancement, or other employment decisions, based on race, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, familial status or responsibilities, personal appearance, pregnancy, political affiliation, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, District of Columbia, or local law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, termination, benefits, and training.