CLC is seeking a Legislative Manager to help us advocate for effective federal campaign finance, ethics, voting rights, redistricting and election laws. The Legislative Manager will be a key part of CLC’s policy team and will work to advance CLC policy priorities through lobbying efforts and coalition outreach. The Legislative Manager will help coordinate CLC’s policy work internally to effectively utilize expertise and experience of CLC staff. The Legislative Manager will be expected to register as a lobbyist.
- Help the Director of Legislative Strategy devise and implement CLC’s overall legislative strategy
- Monitor and review federal legislation
- Manage electronic system used for congressional communications
- Maintain awareness of issues and trends in democracy and related movements to identify emerging legislative opportunities
- Develop materials and supporting documents to communicate CLC’s position on key issues
- Manages relationships with coalition stakeholders
- Maintain cross-partisan relationships with key allies and identify new opportunities for creative partnerships
- Manage written communications to the Hill and coalitions
- Work with CLC staff to prepare testimony and reports to educate policymakers, advocates, and the public
- Conduct research on CLC issues.
- Represent CLC at meetings and conferences
- At least 5 years of experience working on or with the Hill.
- Ability to establish relationships with Republicans, Democrats, and independents.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to translate complex issues to key points, and effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Detail-oriented project manager
- Familiarity with one or more of CLC’s issue areas is desirable but not required.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High capacity to work under pressure, under deadline, and to think on your feet
- Commitment to the nonpartisan nature and overall mission of CLC.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer salary commensurate with experience plus a competitive benefits package including 401(k) match, employer-covered health, dental, vision, short- & long-term disability, AD&D, and life insurance.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and résumé addressing your interest in and relevant experience for this role with “Legislative Manager” in the subject line to [email protected]. Applications that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered. Please, no phone calls about this position.
Campaign Legal Center (CLC) is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a nondiscriminatory work environment. CLC is proud to be an inclusive organization. It does not make hiring or advancement, or other employment decisions, based on race, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, familial status or responsibilities, personal appearance, pregnancy, political affiliation, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, District of Columbia, or local law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, termination, benefits, and training.
Disclaimer: This description is intended to provide an overview of this position and is not all inclusive. The incumbent in this position will be expected to perform other duties as required. Responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.