The Foundations Manager will play a key role in continuing CLC’s fundraising growth and success. In this position, the Foundations Manager will work with the Director of Development and Chief Development Officer to write grant proposals and reports for a portfolio of 25+ foundation funders, oversee grant administration, track and monitor grant compliance and reporting, have responsibility for identifying new foundation prospects, and prepare CLC staff for foundation meetings. The Manager reports to the Director of Development and will work closely with program and finance staff.
- In coordination with the Development Director, managing the entire proposal and report writing process for foundation funders by taking the lead on generating drafts and coordinating with relevant staff to ensure high-quality, timely submissions.
- Grant administration, including producing grant summaries, routing new grant agreements for approval, liaising with CLC finance and foundation staff on financial requirements, and working with the Development Assistant to ensure proper database management for relevant foundation contacts and grant terms.
- Grant compliance, including conducting project specific check-ins with program staff and creating a system for tracking any deliverables to foundation donors.
- Identifying and providing background research on new foundation prospects.
- Preparing CLC staff for meetings with foundation donors.
- Keep abreast of philanthropy news and trends and inform CLC of such trends and how the organization can leverage to identify and pursue new funding opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills.
- Superior attention to detail and follow-through; ability to organize others.
- Capacity to take initiative, prioritize duties, and work independently while functioning as a member of a team.
- 3-5 years non-profit experience writing successful proposals and grant reports.
- Understanding of grant cycle, proposal development process, monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Ability to synthesize legal writing for a non-legal audience.
- Documented success in fund development, with a focus on foundation fundraising and grants management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Creative, energetic thinker, willing to jump in as a team member on diverse efforts.
- Mission-driven and results-focused, with a deep commitment to a fair and just democracy.
Campaign Legal Center (CLC) is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a nondiscriminatory work environment. CLC is proud to be an inclusive organization. It does not make hiring or advancement, or other employment decisions, based on race, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, familial status or responsibilities, personal appearance, pregnancy, political affiliation, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, District of Columbia, or local law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, termination, benefits, and training.
Disclaimer: This description is intended to provide an overview of this position and is not all inclusive. The incumbent in this position will be expected to perform other duties as required. Responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.
Salary is $80,000 plus a competitive benefits package including 401(k) match, health, vision, dental, short & long-term disability, AD&D and life insurance.
Please include in your email where you saw the job advertised.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and résumé addressing your interest in and relevant experience for this role with “Foundations Manager” in the subject line to [email protected].
Position will remain open until filled.