Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Assistant is responsible for supporting CLC’s fundraising efforts. The Development Assistant will provide administrative and operational support including: managing acknowledgments to donors; conducting prospect research for individual and institutional donors; preparing fundraisers for direct solicitations of major donors; coordinating mailings to donors; managing weekly and monthly meetings with the Development team and other staff, including note taking, data entry, and preparing meeting agendas; scheduling meetings for the Development team and donor meetings with members of CLC staff; and file management. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and organized individual with a high level of attention to detail. They will also have the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with CLC team members across various departments
- Manage and produce acknowledgments to donors on a timely basis
- Prepare accurate research on prospects and assemble materials for cultivation and solicitation visits
- Generate clear, action-oriented meeting notes and agendas for the department and CLC staff
- Schedule and manage meetings and events for the Development team and relevant CLC staff
- Support the Database Specialist’s data integrity work through accurate data entry and ongoing clean-up efforts
- Coordinate the production and distribution of recurring appeals and stewardship materials through email and mailings to donors
- Assist with the writing and editing of appeals, acknowledgements, donor news, reports, and proposals as needed
- Communicate with donors in person, on the phone, and by email, particularly as it relates to gifts
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Collaborate with various departments to plan special events
- High level of attention to detail
- Knowledge and interest in fundraising
- Bachelor's Degree required
CLC provides a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, prescription, dental, vision, short-and long-term disability, and life insurance, as well as flexible spending account and retirement programs.
Please submit a cover letter and resume addressing your interest in and relevant experience for this role with “Development Assistant” as the subject line in an email to [email protected]. Applications that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered. Please no phone calls about this position.
Please submit applications by June 11th.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Campaign Legal Center (CLC) is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. CLC is proud to be an inclusive organization. It does not make hiring or advancement, or other employment decisions, based on race, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, familial status or responsibilities, personal appearance, pregnancy, political affiliation, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability, record of arrest or conviction, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, District of Columbia, or local law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, termination, benefits, and training.
Disclaimer: This description is intended to supply an overview of this position and is not all-inclusive of additional duties that may arise as business needs change.