2022 Summer Legal Internship
Summer legal interns at CLC have the opportunity to work across all of CLC’s issue areas—campaign finance, ethics, voting rights, and redistricting—using all of our methods of advocacy, including litigation, state and local reform, and regulatory agency practice. Summer legal interns will work under the close supervision of senior CLC attorneys, including a dedicated mentor.
· Draft legal pleadings, motions or briefs
· Research and write memoranda on complex legal issues for pending and potential litigation
· Conduct factual investigations
· Draft regulatory or statutory language
· Draft complaints to regulatory agencies
· Write advocacy letters, FOIA requests, blog posts, testimony, and other programmatic documents
Qualifications and Experience:
· Must be a current 1L or 2L (rising 2L or 3L) at an accredited law school
· Strong research and writing skills
· Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team
· Commitment to the nonpartisan nature and mission of CLC
· Availability for at least ten weeks in the summer of 2022
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample in a single pdf with “2022 Summer Intern” in the subject line to [email protected] CLC values a diverse workforce and encourages qualified applicants of all races, ethnicities, physical abilities, genders and sexual orientations to apply. CLC conducts interviews for summer positions by phone or zoom.
Applications from 2Ls will be accepted starting October 15, 2021. Applications from 1Ls will be accepted starting December 1, 2022. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The application period closes on January 15, 2021. Students are encouraged to apply early.
CLC guarantees summer legal interns a wage of $600 per week during the summer. Once an offer is accepted, CLC asks all interns to apply for public interest summer funding available through their educational institution, if any is offered. That funding may be applied toward the salary guarantee. The availability of summer funding does not play any role in hiring decisions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Campaign Legal Center (CLC) is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a nondiscriminatory work environment. CLC is proud to be an inclusive organization. It does not make hiring or advancement, or other employment decisions, based on race, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, familial status or responsibilities, personal appearance, pregnancy, political affiliation, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, District of Columbia, or local law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, termination, benefits, and training.