2019 Summer Legal Internship
Summer legal interns at CLC have the opportunity to work across all of CLC’s issue areas—campaign finance, ethics, voting rights, and redistricting—and across our methods of advocacy, including litigation, state and local reform, and regulatory agency practice. Summer legal interns will work under the close supervision of senior CLC attorneys.
- Draft legal pleadings, motions or briefs
- Research and write memoranda on complex legal issues for pending and potential litigation
- Conduct factual investigations
- Draft regulatory or statutory language
- Draft complaints to regulatory agencies
- Write advocacy letters, FOIA requests, blog posts, testimony, and other programmatic documents
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be a current 1L or 2L (rising 2L or 3L) at an accredited law school
- Strong research and writing skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team
- Commitment to the nonpartisan nature and mission of CLC
- Availability for at least ten weeks in the summer of 2019
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Campaign Legal Center (CLC) is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a nondiscriminatory work environment. CLC is proud to be an inclusive organization. It does not make hiring or advancement, or other employment decisions, based on race, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, familial status or responsibilities, personal appearance, pregnancy, political affiliation, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, District of Columbia, or local law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, termination, benefits, and training.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, current transcript, and writing sample in a single pdf with “2019 Summer Intern” in the subject line to email@example.com. CLC values a diverse workforce and encourages qualified applicants of all races, ethnicities, physical abilities, genders and sexual orientations to apply.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until January 15, 2019. Students are encouraged to apply early. If a transcript is not yet available, students can submit applications without it and supplement their application when available.
In addition to the program’s focus on legal education, CLC guarantees summer legal interns a wage of $560.00 per week during the summer but requires all interns to apply for any available public interest summer funding available through their educational institution. That funding may be applied toward the salary guarantee.